I started out by sending out this center block of appliqued fish.
I asked my team to imagine what they would see on a snorkeling trip off the coral reefs.
The first one I received to work on was Kim's who made a paper pieced flower grouping.
I set it on the corner and added freestyle appliqued flowers to make it square again.
The second one I received was Diane's from England. On hers, I added green triangles set in purple triangles, framed by red triangles.
The third one I received was Laurel's. I really enjoyed the jewel tones and found them inspiring.
I added Ohio star sections all the way around.
Then mine returned home. Now the picture I am showing you here isn't what I received. There was a thick solid blue border in the middle that stopped the flow. I removed it and replaced it with some re-purposed water color wonky log cabin blocks I had and made my block off centered. I really love the intricate work the ladies placed into my top. It definitely looks like a beautiful, fluid watery adventure. I truly enjoy it! I plan to enlarge it to a lap size quilt to use during the winter.
Once again, Michele, thank you for your hard work in keeping the swap running smoothly, and special thanks to this crew of quilters who really inspired me to try new colors and techniques.