Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Writing is Easy. . .

To start off with a quote from Gene Fowler:
“Writing is easy: all you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until the drops of blood form on your forehead.”

Today I spent some time reading up on Benoit Mandelbrot and Nassim Taleb about fractal geometry, chaos theory and the financial market.  I came home from work today in the mood for some meaningful conversation.  But my son, Jason, who is my chief conversator in the home is at work tonight. That leaves Alicia to talk to at the dinner table.  The conversation went like so -
     "Stop looking at me!"
     "I'm having a conversation with you.  I usually look at people I talk to."
      "I don't like eye contact."  All this was said with her napkin on top of her head to hide her face.

     Over the weekend I take her to Walmart to buy new glasses to replace the ones she sat on. As she tries on a pair of frames, she turns to me and says, "Stop looking at me."  The optician smiled as she said, "oh, so we've hit that stage, have we?"

No comments:

Post a Comment