One of my favorite bloggers, Audry from Quilty Folk has nominated me for the Liebster Award! the Liebster Award is an award for new bloggers with small followings who fit the requirement of having less than 200 followers and happen to be doing something the nominator really likes.
When one is nominated for the Liebster Award, along with giving a thank you speech, the award winner must
- Answer 11 questions posted by the person who nominated me
- List 11 random and hopefully not too weird facts about myself
- Nominate & tag 11 new bloggers with 200 followers or less
- Write 11 questions for the bloggers I nominate.
So, to answer Audry's questions,
1. Coffee, tea or soda?
* It has to be coffee. Ahhhh, coffee.
2. Name one guilty pleasure.
* Carolyn Hax Articles on Washington Post.
3. What is your favorite quilt blog? Please do not name Quilty Folk. I want you to be honest.
* I honestly don’t have a favorite. I love all my babies the same. But I tend to be attracted more to the
* Smaller blogs
* Of home quilters
* Who post Fantastic photos
* Who don’t whine or complain
* Who don’t post those annoying advertising icons
* Who don’t market products on a regular basis to try and make money.
* Who write of their lessons learned from errors as well as their triumphs.
4. What is the last thing you bought for yourself, not your children, husband or family.
* I’m assuming fabric doesn’t fall in this category. Does a new toothbrush count? My old one wore out. I don’t have a husband, so the money I earn is used for all of us.
5. What is your favorite dessert?
* Warm Apple Strudel topped with homemade vanilla bean ice cream, served with a steaming cup of premium roast, freshly ground cup of coffee with a dash of cream, while sitting in a cozy comfy chair in a cool, hipster cafe.
6. What make, model etc. is your sewing machine? What would you buy if the sky was the limit?
* I sew on a 14 year old Janome DC5124, with 25 stitch patterns. A solid starter machine, but my quilting interests have outgrown it. If I were to be given the machine of my dreams? The latest Bernina.
7. Where do want to live when you grow up?
* Someplace where it will take a little longer for global warming to impact it. Norway? Yukon Territory maybe? I don't like hot climates.
8. Describe yourself in 3 words.
* Friendly, Artistic, Empathetic.
9. Did you get all organized after the first of the year or are things the same as always?
* I’m always organized. I purge and clean several times a year out of habit.
10. How often do you buy a new purse or wallet?
* Once every 7 years, usually when the lining is torn or an ink pen bleeds.
11. If you had to totally give up buying one color of fabric, what color would that be?
* Beige, but I would miss her.
11 Random facts about Ann.
This isn’t easy. It was hard to think of even 1! Makes me wonder if I even know who I am.
1. I use public transportation 95% of the time and I like it.
2. I sometimes sneak Ben & Jerry’s ice cream into the house so I don’t have to share with the kids.
3. I’ve moved to a new location 20 different times since 1969.
4. I get a little nervous when my earthly possessions accumulate to greater than 3400 pounds.
5. I love Dim Sum.
6. I love to learn new languages, although it’s much harder now to do so, and I can’t remember much of what I used to know.
7. I sometimes will walk into Lord & Taylor’s and gaze at all of the beautiful designer handbags, jewelry, scarves, shoes, dresses and such and then declare out loud, “there is truly nothing in here that I want.” Then I walk back out.
8. I loathe shopping for clothes.
9. I lived in Germany for 5 years.
10. I only own 2 pairs of shoes. But I really should get another pair for backup.
11. I gave my daughter a fancy SLR camera for Christmas, and then I borrow it all the time.
11 Questions for the Bloggers I Nominate
1. When did you start quilting?
2. Do you think of your quilting as an art or as a hobby?
3. Have you traveled much in your life?
4. What color dominates your fabric collection?
5. If you could dress up like a gypsy and go to work, would you?
6. What’s your favorite yogurt flavor?
7. After you have paid off your debts and taken care of your family needs, what would you do with yourself if you won the lottery?
8. Introvert or Extrovert?
9. Which is the career you wanted to pursue and for one reason or another didn’t?
10. Who is your role model and why?
11. Do you remember your dreams?
And now for the 11 bloggers I have nominated for the Liebster Award. Unfortunately, I could only come up with 5 blogs I read that have less than 200 followers.